Managers and owners can maintain a secure environment for their business and rest easy at night when they “Think McGowan.”
McGowan Program Administrators Active Shooter / Workplace Violence Insurance Program
Various organizations have a “duty of care” to maintain a secure environment for their staff, tenants, patients, and visitors. In the event of a deadly attack, they could be liable for regulatory and civil actions. There are significant challenges to securing places of business, particularly ones where visitors “come and go” frequently. Despite security measures, businesses with frequent visitors are difficult to secure. These organizations are particularly susceptible to “lone attackers” who can enter buildings unchallenged.
We will consider all classes of business, here are some examples:
• Education • Religious • Retail • Entertainment • Hospitality • Lodging • Healthcare • Public Entities (County, Cities, Townships)
Carrier: “A” XV Rated Carriers
Territory: All 50 States
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE AND STALKING THREAT / ACTIVE SHOOTER
• Primary Liability: $1MM – $20MM
• Business Income and Extra Expense: $1MM-$20MM
Special Features & Coverages:
• Primary 3rd Party Liability Coverage, for lawsuits arising from Workplace Violence /Active Shooter / Deadly Weapon Events.
• Primary 1st Party Business Interruption and Extra Expense Coverage
• No Exclusion for Vehicles / Employees / Terrorism / under 3 casualties / over 50 casualties
• No required deductibles or retentions and we now provide coverage for traveling off site employees.
• Business interruption coverage is included in the policy form for the ongoing operating expenses until the business can resume operations
• Extra expense coverage for the business / insured related to:
-Hiring of Additional Staff /Public Relations Counsel/Crisis Management Consultant expenses/Temporary Security Measures/Reward Money (for post event investigation tips line)
-Critical benefits for employees and victims: up to $250,000 per employee or victim) for Emergency medical care / Employee Counseling / Psychiatric Care / Rehabilitation
Expenses / Death and Disability Benefits / Funeral and Burial Expenses
Partnering with McGowan
Brokers who partner with McGowan gain access to an experienced team of professionals who understand the risks and what’s needed to protect these facilities. McGowan’s “Power of the Pen” offers uniquely tailored policies with primary liability limits between $1 million and $25 million. With coverages available nationwide, brokers and owners can maintain a secure environment for their businesses and rest easy at night when they “Think McGowan.”
Download: Active Shooter/Workplace Violence Brochure
Download: Workplace Violence Stalking Threat Brochure
Download: Workplace Violence/Active Shooter Insurance Buyer’s Guide
Download: Global Crisis Coverage Brochure
Active Shooter Insurance Application
Contact: Paul Marshall
Did you know that each year nearly 2 million American workers are victims of workplace violence? In fact, according to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), workplace violence is the second leading cause of work-site deaths in the US. With recent high profile workplace attacks, more businesses are boosting security efforts and taking added precautions to prevent acts of workplace violence. McGowan Active Shooter/Workplace Violence Programs understand these risks and offers a comprehensive policy to help companies respond and recover from such incidents.